19 March 2009

Shades and Hues

Sapphire, gold and mystic mauve,
Sweep the expanse of my hopes.
What do they mean – these colours galore?
My destiny – as determined before?
I’d like to believe this isn’t so,
For isn’t my life mine to make?
Aren’t my loved ones mine to keep?
Maybe it’s true, but then again,
Isn’t it true that we belong,
To the One Above, who made us all?
I try to understand this irony,
And hope that in this lifetime I,
Might learn to love and live a wholesome life,
Learn to give to the world for all it has given me,
Learn to let go of others for they don’t belong to me,
Yet, before I leave my earthly dome,
I need to spread my wings and fly,
Call it destiny, call it my own,
Happiness and exultation, anguish and pain,
Yet through it all I will always know,
That I am free to mix these colours as I may.

4 comments:

SC said...

i lowe eet!
i can sing this!! lets start a band!!

Kavita said...

Eh Smitty, let's not get carried away shall we!:D

Smriti said...

and reading it now (having no recollection of it before!) i can't sing it now!
i was reminded of the colour game we played many months ago! it's been a good year!

Kavita said...

And I have no recollection of the "colour game". What a pair!