19 April 2009

Notes from Jungle Retreat (Masinagudi)

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
-John Muir (John of the Mountains)
Midst the green of the jungles,
Lies - my watering hole.
A place to wash away my sorrows,
Feed my mind for all the ‘morrows,
A place where peace of mind I find,
In the midst of these quiet times.

I dreamed of mountains green and blue,
Of sandy shores and paths anew,
I dreamed I found the way up high,
To cloudy skies and the bridge of sighs,
I dreamed I belonged to this world so true,
And the tears, they glinted on the morning dew.

Looking back upon this time,
Of friends and family, hugs and smiles,
The feeling of both lost and found,
The feeling that I’m nature bound.
The feeling of just walking on,
A cobbled path of life - my own.
The feeling that I’m homeward bound,
On a journey of what’s true and sound.

7 comments:

Smriti said...

i really like this one :)
r these some of those pics too?

Kavita said...

Thank you, and yes, these are some of those pictures! :-)

Anonymous said...

I like this one specailly b'cos it lead me to virtually visualise a vacation at this spot and I did not want this to end... so kavita looking forward for more of this with loooots of pictures :-)

Radha

Kitty said...

Wow. Your poetry is beautiful. I'm so glad you stopped by my site!

Ostrich said...

Nice! Look forward to working with you my dear :)

Kavita said...

Kitty - Thank you very much.:-)

Samira - Thank you, and yes, I hope to stick to my new deadline. Must check out your blog sometime soon.

Kavita said...

Radha - Keep your fingers crossed. :D