1 September 2009

The Godsend

I did not
believe in the hazy shade of winter,
Until one fine summer’s day,
It descended upon my frontier.

They did not
teach me how to combat sorrow,
My sword and shield,
Benumbed by endless horror.

I cannot
walk away from this affliction,
It eats at me,
Boring a hole in my steady diction.

I will not
fight this dormant volcano,
It burns my soul,
Searching for a whiff of hollow.

As I did not,
For they did not,
As I cannot,
For I will not.

I have realised the meaning of summer,
I have fought the battle of tribulation,
I have known the cross of adversity,
I have found the solace I was looking for.

5 comments:

Smriti said...

yeah i can hear you scream bring it on!! you go girlfriend!! loud and clear!! :P

Kavita said...

I think I'm going to have to sleep on this comment, so I can figure out the connect to the poem.

Is it just sleepy headed me, or is it that potent stuff called 'delusion' you've been smoking lately? Hmmm, I wonder!;-)

Smriti said...

prozac...the illuded kind!! (to an innocent bystander...it means i do not smoke anything!)

I shall do better with my interpretation in the morning too! tata!

Basically Blah said...

I cannot
walk away from this affliction,
It eats at me,
Boring a hole in my steady diction.

Reminds me that "Vaashing machine" will be the death of me...

Kavita said...

Oh yeah,you, my dear, will be born again.

Oh,and I promise to walk by your side even then!:D