7 November 2010

Postcards from Eire - G

Hello my lil peeps,
(The Cliffs of Moher)

I actually made it to the West Coast of Ireland and to the popular Cliffs of Moher. I’m not sure what I expected to feel when I finally got there, but the Cliffs will always hold a special place in my memory as this spectacular place allowed me to put the pieces of my disintegrating self(thanks to a surprising feeling of loneliness that hit me during the day long, guided bus tour) together in no time.


(Lunch break - Doolin - Bangers and Mash)

The burren, tombs from 5800 year ago, the fairy circle like cave etc were lovely but for some strange reason all that barrenness seemed to seep into my bones leaving me cold and lonely.
(A Tombstone: 5800 years ago)

Then this came along and the spirit of the place whispered to me, reviving my spirits and reminding me of the freedom within. It was a day to remember and in the end, the cliffs were the highlight of my day.

(The Burren: Another View)

I loved my month long holiday in Ireland as it was the perfect mix of family, friends, giggles, sulks and yes, I went to Ireland in the hopes of seeing something of the old Eire and find it I did; in the hills, the green fields, the ocean, the ballet, some of the people, and last but not the least, in that pint of Guinness too. Having said that, I chose cider over Guinness most of the time!

(Not the legendary "sheep-cows" our leprechaun voiced tour guide loved to go on about.)

It’s finally time for me to say goodbye to this wonderful memory. Hope you enjoyed the journey as much as I did, virtual though it was.

(Frank and Lil Ed: Of course I miss you.)

Love and Luck,
K.O.

1 comment:

Smriti said...

My personal favourite? the tombs!