4 April 2011

The Ghost Of Yesterday

Driving through the streets one night,
I felt a shiver run down my spine,
Looked out the window,
Felt your laugh
Mock at my image – bold, not right.

Bantered on with the friend by my side,
Shriveled inside – dried leaf on ice,
Looked out the window,
Smiling wide,
Across the street – you paused, I died.

Death and the rest but a dramatic sigh,
The story not quite yours but mine,
Looked out the window
Into your cruel smile,
As our eyes locked; re-lived the lie.

Driving through the streets that night,
I lost direction, peace of mind,
Looked out the window
One last time,
Shrugged off the ghost – returned to light.

4 comments:

Smriti said...

Him or him?

Kavita said...

Smriti: Him!:p

Basically Blah said...

Had to be him.

Kavita said...

Him it was or wasn’t,
Him nor him it be,
But a shadow
In my being,
A shadow I did see.