28 September 2014

Shadow's Book of Verse - 3


As stars touched upon her midnight blue
And twinkled like glittering diamonds on her naked body
Everything but her was rendered False
Every bitter truth, Untrue.

A hundred violins sounded in the tender breeze
Lithesome, she danced and I stood transfixed
Reluctant, my thoughts, my being, lingered
To watch her seduce, and let her tease.

Many a traveller happened upon her
Many heaped her with their praises
I watched silently, her sorcery
And heard them all concur.

The morning mist upon brilliant flowers
That lined her heaving bosom
Stood witness to her greatness
And her tremendous soothing powers.

I remained but for a second
I loathe to say goodbye
Bosphorus, O, Bosphorus
I will return when you haunt me, when you lovingly beckon!

- Shadow

No comments: